Resolve Outlook 2010 Crashes at Startup
Microsoft Outlook is used to store and manage the personal information. That is available in many version that is either old or new. Among all the Outlook 2010 is one of the latest version that is obviously more advanced as compared to earlier version. Due to this reason it is one of the most advanced email client application as it provides many facilities like creating, reading and managing emails. In spite of so many advanced features there arise problem with Outlook 2010. Due to this reason Outlook 2010 crashes on startup. This is acknowledged by the users and immediately after that the application closes abnormally.
In addition to this system also freezes at startup and Outlook 2010 also crashes while opening any email, calender, reading and printing. Due to this reason user faces further difficulty in using outlook. User also come across error problem:
“Microsoft outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close, also there lies by the option for restarting outlook in the dialog box".
So it is important to resolve Outlook 2010 crashes and for this user can try to open Outlook in safe mode. Doing this may further result in error message:‘Outlook failed to start correctly last time. Starting outlook in safe mode will help you correct or isolate the problem and allow successful restart of the program. Some functionality may be disabled. Do you want to start outlook in safe mode’
Some responsible reasons that causes MS Outlook 2010 to crash are discussed below:
- Corrupt outlook account or personal folder file
- Improper or interrupted installation process
- Corrupt outlook installation
- Outlook database corruption
- Presence of older version of olmapi32.dll or Mso.dll file
In order to fix outlook 2010 crashes on startup problem user would have to follow the below given steps:
- At first remove entire associated files from Outlook version that were used earlier
- Then repair the installation with the help of add/remove program from control panel.
- User can also check the integrity of Outlook database by running Outlook.exe
- Try to reinstall the Outlook 2010
- After that create a new profile by repairing the corrupted PST by using inbuilt Inbox Repair Tool or Scanpst.exe.
In case the above mentioned steps fails then user can try the third party Outlook PST repair tool. This tool has powerful algorithm that performs advanced scanning and then repair outlook 2010 crashes on startup. After that it restores entire deleted data in a safe and secure location.